Power Transmission Components
Home > Power Transmission Components
Power Transmission Components are typically a smaller, self-contained part of a larger entity. These components are interchangeable from supplier to supplier.
TAP Industrial Sales has partnered with companies who provide global sourcing that will meet or exceed your expectations. Let us show you our capabilities and be an extension of your company. We can provide the following types of Engineered Components.
Ball Check Valves: A mechanical seal is simply a method of containing fluid within a vessel (typically pumps, mixers, etc.) where a rotating shaft passes through a stationary housing or occasionally, where the housing rotates around the shaft. Our partner has over 400 Ball Check Valves in stock and ready for immediate shipment.
Chain and Sprockets:Chain is used to transfer mechanical power from one system to another with the uses of Sheaves or Sprockets. We have partnered with a company that has been in business for over 25 years and they provide the various types of chain to industry defined standards that meet your expectations. Let us provide you with a quote to meet your requirements.
Mechanical Seals:A mechanical seal is simply a method of containing fluid within a vessel (typically pumps, mixers, etc.) where a rotating shaft passes through a stationary housing or occasionally, where the housing rotates around the shaft.
In Summary – Why Do We Use Mechanical Seals?
- No “visible” leak – seals do leak vapor as the fluid film on the faces reaches the atmospheric side of the seal faces.
-This would approximate to 1/2 teaspoon a day at normal operating pressures and temperatures, if it were captured and condensed.
- Modern cartridge seal designs do not damage the pump shaft or sleeve.
- Day to day maintenance is reduced as seals have inboard springs which make them self-adjusting as the faces wear.
- Seals have lightly loaded faces which consume less power than gland packing.
- Bearing contamination is reduced in normal operation as the lubricant does not become affected by seal leakage and wash out.
- Plant equipment also suffers less from corrosion if the product is contained in the pump.
- Vacuum can also be sealed with this technology, a problem for packing as air was drawn into the pump.
- Less wasted product will save money, even water is an expensive commodity and less clean up of the area will be needed.
Contact us for all your mechanical seal requirements, our partner has over 1500 seals in stock ready fro same day shipment.
Pumps:We have partnered with a company that can handle a pump for any given situation. They have been providing pumps, valves, and mechanical seals since 2002. They have a combined experience of 60 years in the business. They offer a full line of ANSI pumps and parts interchangeable with Guilds 3196, Peerless 8196,summit 2196, Griswold 896 and many other popular makes of ANSI pumps and parts. Please contact us for further details.
Our SPT/SPU series Self priming Trash Pumps and parts are interchangeable with Gorman Rupp and various popular make self-priming trash pumps. Please contact us for further details.
The list of pumps they can provide are listed below. They have over 200 pumps in stock and ready for immediate shipment. Click on the link to learn more about the pumps:
- Acid Pumps
- Air operated Diaphragm Pumps
- ANSI Centrifugal Pumps
- ANSI Close coupled End suction Pumps
- ANSI Process Pumps
- Boiler Feed Pumps
- Booster Pumps
- Chemical Feed Pumps
- Chemical Injection Pumps
- Chemical Process Pumps
- Chilled Water Pumps
- Circulating Water Pumps
- Condensate Pumps
- Condenser Water Pumps
- Coolant Pumps
- Cooling Water Pumps
- Custom Acid Pumping Systems
- Custom Booster Pump Systems
- Custom Chemical Feed Systems
- Custom Chemical Pumping Systems
- Custom Water Pumping Systems
- Effluent Pumps
- End Suction Pumps
- End suction Self Priming pumps
- Food & Beverage Pumps
- Fuel Oil Pumps
- Fuel Oil Transfer Sets
- Gear Pumps
- Glycol Pumps
- GOULDS 3796 ANSI Self-Priming Aftermarket Parts
- GOULDS® 3196 ANSI Pump Aftermarket Parts
- High Pressure Multistage Pumps
- Horizontal Centrifugal Pumps
- Hot Oil Pumps
- HVAC Pumping Skid Systems
- Industrial Pumps
- Lift Station Pumps
- Metering and dosing Pumps
- Packaged Pump Houses
- Packaged Pumping Systems
- Process Pumps
- Progressing Cavity Pumps
- Pumping Systems
- Salt Water Pumps
- Sanitary Pumps
- Self Priming Trash Pumps
- Self Priming Trash Pumps
- Sewage Pumps
- Slurry Slush and Sludge Pumps
- Sump Pumps
- Trash Pumps
- Vertical In-line Pumps
- Vertical Multistage Centrifugal Pumps
- Vertical Multistage Pump Groundfish
- Wastewater Pumps
Seals:Our Seal Partner was founded in 1956, they are a highly specialized seal engineering firm and precision manufacturer of elastomeric seals for original equipment manufacturers and oil and gas drilling and production. For more than 5 decades, they have focused on providing the most advanced custom seal designs, application engineering and problem seal analysis in the industry. Today they are considered to be one of the premier seal producers in the world.
They are structured as an engineering support organization, seamlessly integrating with manufacturers to provide application and manufacturing support, inventory management and purchasing logistics. Our work is fast and precise and helps strengthen all levels of engineering, manufacturing and supply-chain operations.
- Shaft Seals
- Bearing Seals
- Other Sealing ProductsLet our Team solve your Seal Problems
My principals customers have trusted them to provide them with complex parts where others have failed. They are totally qualified and committed to manufacturing parts to your specifications and requirements.